NurX CEO Varsha Rao joins host Jonah Comstock and MobiHealthNews Managing Editor Laura Lovett to discuss her telehealth company's journey from a laser focus on contraception to a broader play for women's (and men's) health that includes dermatology and migraines.
Along the way, we also discuss broader trends in telehealth, the challenges of femtech and NurX's foray into COVID-19 testing.
- NurX’s story
- What does it mean to be a female-focused telehealth company?
- Following a patient through their lifelong patient journey
- How NurX got into home COVID-19 testing
- Digital health companies as service companies
- Challenges and advantages of a woman-led startup
- Things men don’t understand about contraception
- NurX’s road map for new products, and COVID-19’s effect on it
- Should telehealth be a one-stop shop?
- The advantages of asynchronous telemedicine
- Dealing with stigma in healthcare
- The future of digital health and telehealth
- NurX’s role in COVID-19 testing
- What’s next for NurX?
- Varsha’s advice for healthcare startups
More about this episode: